March "Shoe" Madness Drive
When you think about shoes, did you know...
• Most people do not know that shoes and clothing can be repurposed.
• 85% of consumer textiles end up in landfills, which is extremely harmful to the environment.
• Consumers are the primary reason for textiles ending up in landfills.
• Approximately 50 percent of collected shoes and clothing are re-used around the world.
• 70 percent of the global population uses repurposed shoes and clothing.
Through the month of March, all Franklin public schools will participate in a district-wide shoe drive. The school that collects the most "shoes per student" will be awarded a $500 grant to use as needed! We will post results here through out the month to show progress.
In addition to FPS schools, shoes can be dropped off at GAIA Microspa in Franklin during business hours (7720 S Lovers Ln., Franklin, WI)
On your mark... get set... GO!