FEF SHOE DRIVE
When you think about shoes, did you know...
• Most people do not know that shoes and clothing can be repurposed.
• 85% of consumer textiles end up in landfills, which is extremely harmful to the environment.
• Consumers are the primary reason for textiles ending up in landfills.
• Approximately 50 percent of collected shoes and clothing are re-used around the world.
• 70 percent of the global population uses repurposed shoes and clothing.
We are continuing our district-wide shoe drive fundraiser with the next big collection date on Wednesday, May 6th, from 3-5pm at the high school. We will take gently used shoes of any size and any type. Our partner, Funds2org, will reimburse us for all shoes collected and then will distribute the shoes to vendors in developing countries.
In addition to the May 6th collection date, shoes can be dropped off on Saturdays at GAIA Microspa in Franklin from 10am to 1pm. (7720 S Lovers Ln., Franklin, WI)